Prince Originals Album will stream exclusively on TIDAL in June
This June, The Prince Estate, in partnership with Warner Bros. Records and TIDAL, will release Originals, a 15-track album featuring 14 previously unreleased recordings that illuminate the vital role Prince played in other artists’ careers. The tracks were selected collaboratively by Troy Carter, on behalf of The Prince Estate, and JAY-Z.
Starting June 7, Originals will stream exclusively on TIDAL for fourteen days. In the spirit of sharing Prince’s music with his fans as he wanted, the album will be available to stream in Master quality via TIDAL’s HiFi subscription tier. Members will be able to hear the recordings just as the Artist intended the tracks to sound.
On June 21st, Warner Bros. Records will release this extraordinary body of work, sourced directly from Prince’s vast archive of Vault recordings, via all download and streaming partners and physically on CD, while 180 gram 2LP and limited edition Deluxe CD+2LP formats will follow on July 19th. Pre-order the album here: https://lnk.to/OriginalsMP
1. “Intercourse Shooter” — Apollonia 6, Apollonia 6 (1984)
2. “Jungle Love” — The Time, Ice Cream Citadel (1984)
3. “Manic Monday” — The Bangles, Completely different Gentle (1985)
4. “Midday Rendezvous” — Sheila E., The Glamorous Life (1984)
5. “Make-Up” — Self-importance 6, Self-importance 6 (1982)
6. “100 MPH” — Mazarati, Mazarati (1986)
7. “You’re My Love” — Kenny Rogers, They Don’t Make Them Like They Used To (1986)
8. “Holly Rock” — Sheila E., Krush Groove (OST) (1985)
9. “Child, You’re a Journey” — Jill Jones, Jill Jones (1987)
10. “The Glamorous Life” — Sheila E., The Glamorous Life (1984)
11. “Gigolos Get Lonely Too” — The Time, What Time Is It? (1982)
12. “Love… Thy Will Be Accomplished” — Martika, Martika’s Kitchen (1991)
13. “Expensive Michaelangelo” — Sheila E., Romance 1600 (1985)
14. “Wouldn’t You Like to Love Me?” — Taja Sevelle, Taja Sevelle (1987)
15. “Nothing Compares 2 U” — The Household, The Household (1985)
CLICK HERE to watch videos from Prince’s Friend including the Prince Originals album announcement.
TIDAL is an artist-owned global music streaming and entertainment platform that brings artists and fans closer together through unique original content and exclusive experiences.
Available in 53 countries, TIDAL has over 60 million songs and over 250,000 high-quality videos in our catalog, offering passionate music fans both a premium and high-fidelity sound quality, along with original video series; podcasts; thousands of playlists curated by industry experts, music journalists, and artists; exclusive content; and unique experiences.
- The highest quality audio available No compromises. Just pure sound. With their lossless audio experience and high-fidelity sound quality, stream your music like you’ve never heard before.
- In partnership with MQA, TIDAL brings you the ultimate audio experience with TIDAL Masters. With your TIDAL HiFi membership, listen to thousands of master-quality songs on your iOS or Android device, and through your TIDAL desktop app.
- Download your favorites with an offline feature. The songs you love are always available – even without WiFi or LTE.
- From concert livestreams to exclusive events, TIDAL X makes sure you get access to tickets, meet-and-greets, and behind-the-scenes content.
- Whether it’s a playlist curated by your favorite artist, a behind-the-scenes look before they get on stage, or an in-depth conversation about their craft, TIDAL brings you closer to your music icons.
TIDAL has the commitment of artist-owners who believe in creating a more sustainable and practical model for the music industry. The artist-owners are Alicia Keys, Arcade Fire (Win Butler and Regine Chassagne), Beyoncé, Calvin Harris, Claudia Leitte, Clifford “T.I.” Harris, Coldplay, Daft Punk, Deadmau5, Jack White, Jason Aldean, J. Cole, Kanye West, Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Shawn “JAY Z” Carter, Damian Marley, Indochine, Lil Wayne, and Usher.